Anton Sak moved to France so as to get high education. During several years he has been studying at Chemistry Faculty of Le Mans Université. Today he will tell us about Le Mans, the wonderful old French city with the special brightness. It is unknown for tourists; however, it is the interesting destination in the route of avid traveler.
On photo Anton Sak
Le Mans was established before our era with the Kelt tribe Cenoman. Then this place was included in Gallia. Later the country became the province of Roman Empire. Even today there were architectural buildings of those time, the ruins of amphitheater and the so-called walls of the city. They were built in III-IV century to protect the city from the invaders. Now the walls frame Medieval age building near the old center being considered as the best examples of Gallic and Roman defensive constructions of Europe.
- French people do not like Le Mans considering it as little and provincial, - tells Anton. – Indeed, it is included in the dozen of the greatest places of France; however, for French people it is not the news. As for me, Le Mans is true authentic France which we always wanted to see. Generally, it is very well in Le Mans. There are many tourists who walk along the good and atmospheric old center. It is called Vie-Mans, and it is surrounded by the new constructions. It is placed over the river Sarthe. All these old buildings are not similar to the South of France where they are made from the stone. Here they are composed from the tree, and it looks quite cool.
SAINT-TROPEZ: CITY DESCENDED FROM THE SCREEN
Anton tells that cultural monument that is considered as the symbol of the city is Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre:
- Certainly, this old building with prominent architecture in the historical center of the city is the treasure of Le Mans. It is impeccable, and I do not understand how architects were able to do that in the ancient times.
This church really belonged to the unique monuments of world architecture. The monumental Roman style is combined with Gothic buildings. Also, Saint-Julien has incredibly rich collection of stained-glass windows. As well, it is famous for its history. In the old time of Gallic and Roman governance in Le Mans there was Saint Julien, the first archbishop who brought there Christianity. The builders devoted the church to him.
The building works started in 1060. Saint-Julien had to become the highest building in Medieval Ages France. The large-scale building had been lasting for almost 400 years, and it is considered as complete till now. Within the territory of the temple the members of royal family of Charles of Anjou (the king of Neapol) are buried. Definitely, in the verily temple there are relics of Saint Julian Le Mans. The local people consider him as the protector of their place.
THE MONT-SAINT-MICHEL ABBEY: TO SEE AND FALL IN LOVE
Address: Place du Cardinal Grente, Le Mans.
In the center of the city there are many different bars, café, as well as various bright places.
Generally French people are crazy about the restaurants, they constantly go there! Even in the work break they gather with colleague and go to the restaurant to eat, drink and talk. Essentially, all the places of France are on the highest level. There are no such area low-sort restaurants. Each of them is special.
Among Le Mans restaurants Anton makes emphasis on ‘Le Nez Rouge’:
- ‘Le Nez Rouge’ is my favorite place. It is situated in old residential building like matrimonial one. The family lives on the highest floors while the restaurant is on the lowest. They equipped it in such a typically old French style. Apart from the main halls, there is a way to the garden. There are trees, flowers, table, statues, lamps lightning in the evening, as well as torches. One is able to go to drink coffee or take some other beverage… I love taking the cocktail ‘Monaco’. It is the beer with grenadine and lemonade. If beer is mixed only with the lemonade, it is ‘Panashe’. One takes some alcohol, cheese, and this atmosphere makes everything great. One sits and gets thrilled in this restaurant.
Address: 107 Grande Rue, Mans Le.
Also Anton is in excited because of the bright bar of accordion players ‘Bretagne’:
- This is very little and bright place, it is called as old Northern-Western region of France. It is equipped in such a stylish manner, particularly, accordions, record, etc. This bar is very old and it has its charm. I communicated with the aged woman who works there. She is not young, actually. It appeared that it is her family bar, and she has been working there for dozens years. Every evening in Bretagne accordion players perform live. There are, as well, personal festivals, contests, theme evenings.
Address: 95 Rue Arnage, Mans (Le).
Zest of the city
- In Le Mans there are super popular races, - continues conversation Anton. – They are one of the most prestigious in the world, Le Mans 2. At the week of races in the summer people come all over the world. The population of Le Mans decreases in five times. Near Le Mans there is the circular road, and the competitions go on this way.
– Every summer there is Night of Imagination in the old center. It represents night light show, the wonderful projections on the walls of old city with different animation, figures, and plots.
– The shops do not suit French people, - remark Anton. – The main shopping point in Le Mans is the market. Everywhere in all the cities, the market in France is very popular.
EVERYTHING ON SALE: THE WORLD'S BEST MARKETS AND BAZAARS
The market in Le Mans is one but every day it moves to another part of the city. All the local citizens adore the market and every week they go there in the center when it is near the central Church.
Main photo: ahstatic.cоm